Thursday, June 19, 2008

To Parents, With Love

This is an essay from a school day competition that got the First prize to a girl named Pinky.


Hii Mom and Dad

You are the best parents I have ever known. Mama and papa the best. Love you. You have always been very kind to me. I always got what I wanted. You have given me the best of the things I can ever have. The best mobile in market, the best laptop, made me a part of the best International school, clothes and accessories of the best brands.

I enjoy them. I enjoyed every gazette I had. I have very good friends at school. My teachers are all from the most reputed Universities. I am being taught the most required and happening technologies, languages, cultures, manners and what not, every thing very much required growing up in my career.

Mom and Dad, u are the best, I tell u. U have always given me all that was wanted. U have taken me to Disneyland all along, given me the biggest teddy which I find difficult to hug.

But dad I tell u, it wasn’t the teddy I wanted to hug always; it was your hug I always needed. I remember an ad in newspaper, a man posing in Raymonds suit and a baby on his chest with the captions Entrepreneur and Pillow respectively. I do get a doubt, have I slept on your chest and felt the warmth and protection of a dad? I have known different faces from my childhood, so called-nannies. I remember them carrying me around in the lawn of our home on their shoulders. The ad has made a stronger imprint on my heart and is embossed in my deeper thoughts.

Mom, I have the silkiest hair, silkier than those models shown in shampoo ads I feel. You have taken me the best manicure and pedicure centers in city. But mom, I always needed the motherly touch n feel which is no way compared to the rental touch n feel I get in those centers.Mom and Dad, I am not old enough to teach u, but the teachers at my school have always given me the best language and wording to use. You have provided me with all I wanted but it’s rather a sad thing to tell, I never got what I needed. Love n care is what I needed not all the materialistic stuff and technical worldly things. I always wanted to tell u this but I never found u sharing some time with me to discuss. U were always busy with your boss meetings or outings or team lunches, all alone I used to spend the time with the maid or friends at school. I can count on my fingers the quieter times we had for ourselves. We have always been out at the coffee days or pizza huts or malls. I always dreamt of spending some time with you quietly at home lying in mom's lap and clasp dad’s hand. The visualization fascinates me a lot. I love the mood of that. But the dream has always been a dream like water in a mirage. I enjoyed the dream. I hope my brother who is sleeping quietly inside mom gets all the love n care I have missed.

Love u

Pinky

VIII Std-A section.

*An imaginary story written by me.

2 comments:

Rajesh said...

Hi Sundar,
The letter to the present day parents is good. It touched my heart.

I hope every a parent of this kind should read this and change his mindset towards thier child.

Cheers- Rajesh P

Anonymous said...

I liked the letter. i didn't feel it as a story but as if it was a real letter by a child, whose love n care for her brother made her to express her emotions in such a simple way....

Persistence

Persistence is the number one reason for our success. Joe Kraus